Hair Repair Balm
This intensive hair treatment and conditioning mask will replenish and protect your hair from the damaging effects of the sun, blow-drying, straightening, colouring, salt water, chlorine and cold weather. Most hair conditioners contain a myriad of harsh chemicals including Sodium Lauryl Sulphate (SLS), but this natural hair balm is completely pure.
100% Organic. Handmade in the UK. NO synthetics or added water. Certified Cruelty-free.
Our Hair Repair Balm is made with raw coconut oil, argan oil and a unique blend of ylang ylang, lavender and lemon essential oils and can also be used as a face, body and massage oil. It is solid at room temperature but melts as soon as it comes in to contact with the skin.
Formulated to improve frizzy hair, reduce tangles and hair loss and encourage new hair growth.
Recommended for Afro hair by Eddie Bammeke from The Africa Channel.
Our 100% organic hair balm contains the following ingredients (and nothing else):
- Organic Coconut Oil – contains a unique combination of fatty acids that help the hair retain protein and moisture. Regular use will result in stronger, healthier hair that is nourished and full of body.
- Organic cold-pressed Moroccan Argan Oil – a rare and precious oil that transforms dry, tangled and dull hair by penetrating the follicles and restoring shine and elasticity.
- Organic Ylang Ylang Essential Oil – for its stimulating and balancing effect upon the hair and scalp. It regulates excessively dry and oily hair by controlling sebum production and encouraging hair growth.
- Organic Lavender Essential Oil – conditions the scalp and prevents the build-up of excess sebum. Its antiseptic properties gently disinfect the scalp and help prevent dandruff and hair loss.
- Organic Lemon Essential Oil – counteracts the richness of the coconut oil by preventing build-up in the hair and adds a wonderful, zesty aroma.
This natural hair balm can be applied as a daily or leave-in deep conditioning hair treatment. It can also be used as a luxurious face, body and massage oil.
For everyday hair conditioning, after shampooing and removing excess water from the hair, place a small amount in the palm of the hand and warm it for a few seconds until it has completely melted. Smooth over the length of the hair, paying particular attention to the ends, comb through and rinse out.
Alternatively, it can be massaged into wet or dry hair and scalp and covered with a warm towel for an hour or so, or leave in overnight (taking care to protect your bed linen to prevent oil stains). Remove by shampooing and rinse with cold water to close the hair shaft and maximise shine.
For the face and body, melt a small amount in your hands and massage in to moist skin using upward, circular motions.
This 100% organic hair balm will vary in texture, depending on external temperature because it contains no synthetic chemicals to keep it stable. It is solid at normal room temperature but will melt in extremely hot weather (which will not damage it in any way). If this happens, you can simply apply it to your hair, face and body as a liquid, or you pop it in the fridge until it solidifies again.
Tip: To remove build-up of hair products (not just ours!), try mixing 2 teaspoons of apple cider vinegar with a small amount of pure warm water, massage in to your hair, rinse and shampoo as usual.